This page generally only reports changes to the client, and not additions to the world.
You'll have to explore to find the additions to the world.
Latest What’s New
- There will be no v370 Chaos Storm on December 27. v371 will arrive
on January 5, 2005, instead. Happy holidays and the best of new years to
- The Arbordale housing complex is now open.
- Thanks to our tireless volunteer artists for several improvements.
- We crashed once on October 6 due to gerbil handling error. The owner
promises it won't happen again. The record is 708 days.
- This Chaos Storm will include a brief downtime, around an hour if all
goes well, so we can perform some system upgrades.
- Leftovers from v358: a timing problem with bard duets and trios has been
fixed. Pathfinding markers have changed for people who can see a path but
can't open it.
- We crashed twice on September 2. First time in 708 days.
The previous record was 154 days. A gerbil was unhappy with
the noise in its new living quarters. We gave it tiny earplugs
and it's happy now.
- The new server is otherwise doing very well. DNS has been
switched, so "server.clanlord.com" goes to the right place and
nobody should end up on the old server anymore.
- Ann is back from sabbatical but has very little idea what other
changes are in this version. Enjoy.
- The server is running on a new machine. Although we
will do our best to ensure smooth and uninterrupted service,
it's possible that the new server may be somewhat less stable
for a time. It's also possible that character creation
and account renewals may have problems. We'll fix anything
that comes up as quickly as we can.
- Update: In some cases, the client may connect to
the old server rather than the new one after updating to v353.
Opening your Proxy preferences and checking, then unchecking,
the top checkbox should reset it. If that doesn't work, set
your proxy to 220.127.116.11:5010. We apologize for any
- Ann will be taking a sabbatical for the month of
September, so there will be no v355 update. The next one will
be v358, on October 6.
- Participants in the most recent server test now have their
ranks, with no special message.
- How many different kinds of fish have you caught? (If you've
tried fishing before, try it again.)
- The "mirror quest" should be somewhat easier now.
- The permits for the treetop housing complex are nearly ready.
It's mostly waiting for more building materials now.
- The update crashes for users of the PPC, 68k, and fat clients
have been fixed.
- Any participants in the load tests of a few weeks ago who didn't
get their rank(s) when they logged in during the previous update will have them
(with no special message) now.
- If you're using the standard icon (either armed or unarmed),
the new /options icon <armed, unarmed> command lets you change
between those two choices.
- Unrevealed characters who haven't chosen another icon now use the
armed one. You can change that using /options.
- A new icon for males of the People is available as a choice in the
- An existing low- to mid-level area has been expanded.
- There are some really nasty things brewing way back in the eastern
reaches of the island...
- Delta Tao's website has moved. We don't expect any difficulties
with update files, but if you encounter any problems, check the
Clan Lord Sentinel
or the in-game /news for information.
- This update is unusually large. After it has downloaded, it may take
several minutes to uncompress and install itself, especially on slower machines.
A progress bar should appear for most versions of the OS, but may be missing from some
older systems. Please be patient -- forcing the client to quit in the middle of
installing the update will probably mean you have to download the whole image file again.
- Update update: Many people have experienced a client crash as soon as the image update
has finished uncompressing. We are working on the problem, and apologize for the inconvenience.
In the meantime, simply relaunching the game will work, and it should be stable thereafter.
- New icon choices for some races are available in the hut in the fairgrounds. Others
will show up as soon as our much-appreciated volunteer artists have them ready.
- Delta Tao's website will soon be moving. We don't expect any difficulties
with web pages or update files, but if you encounter any problems, check the
Clan Lord Sentinel
or the in-game /news for information.
- The new icons are still on display in the fairgrounds for testing.
These are proposed as replacements for the current ones. Please
give any additional feedback with /bug.
- Some problems moving furniture have been fixed.
Clan Lord shirts and posters are available in three different designs so far.
Got an idea for a new shirt? We're offering in-game prizes for any design we use.
- In response to recent feedback, icons of the People have been restored
to their previous versions.
- Thanks to our tireless and dauntless volunteer artists, several improved icons
are on display in the fairgrounds for testing. Although other icons will also soon be available
as additional options, these are proposed as replacements for the current ones. Please
give feedback with /bug.
- Some problems with housekeys have been fixed, and furniture has been Tinkered with.
- Bard instruments and sheet music have more new features.
- Self-aware healers can /examine their moonstones while fallen.
- Bard instruments, folders, and sheet music have some new features.
- Certain bard duets and trios that were failing should work properly again.
- Bard instruments have some new features. Experiment, or see the announcements on the
CLBard mailing list.
- Housing is available for testing in the fairgrounds.
- The war memorial has been repaired.
- Thinking that nothing interesting is happening might be foolish.
- Thoom healers fit in certain trees again.
- This update is unusually large, thanks to some superb new art.
Even after it downloads, applying it will take several minutes,
during which slower machines may appear to have "hung". Thank
you for your patience.
- The bug that sometimes prevented fallens from following a chainer
across snell boundaries has been fixed.
- Happy New Year!
What Was New Last Year (2003)