What Was New In 2017
This page generally only reports the most notable changes. You’ll have had to explore to find the additions to the world.
What’s the sense in having an eclipse if you can’t look at it? Somebody in production sure slipped up this time! — Charles M. Schultz (1922–2000)
- No changes this version.
I never smoke to excess — that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time. — Mark Twain (1835–1910)
- All changes this version are invisible.
A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without getting nervous. — Alexander Hamilton (b. 1757; died 12 July 1804)
- No changes were submitted this cycle.
6/21/2017 v1021 (The super summer solstice edition)
Summer is the time when one sheds one’s tensions with one’s clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all’s right with the world. — Ada Louise Huxtable (1921–2013)
- Slow news day.
A public library is the most enduring of memorials, the trustiest monument for the preservation of an event or a name or an affection; for it, and it only, is respected by wars and revolutions, and survives them. — Mark Twain (1835–1910)
- Happy 15th anniversary to ThoomCare.com!
We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered. — Tom Stoppard (b. 1937)
- No notable game news to report.
- The Account Portal remains out of commission. There’s been some progress on reviving it, both stronger and better — but nothing visible yet. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I’m proud to pay taxes in the United States; the only thing is, I could be just as proud for half the money. — Arthur Godfrey (1903–1983)
- No notable game news to report.
- The Account Portal remains out of commission due to unforeseen software changes at the hosting provider. We’re trying to get it back online but we can’t yet say how long that will take. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Life with fools consists in drinking; with the wise man, thinking. — Benjamin Franklin (1706–1790)
- Let’s hope the v1000 excitement has finally died down a bit!
Cleanliness is indeed next to godliness. — Christopher Morley (1890–1957)
Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely. — P. J. O’Rourke (b. 1947)
- We apologize, again, for the mishap that afflicted the v1000-to-v1003 update. At long last we’re able to award the lion’s share of the ranks that we’d planned to give out as compensation for the lost time.
I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows, the water passed through his shoes, — and the stars through his soul. — Victor Hugo (1802–1885)
- Housing mannequins now correctly display shifting tie-dyed cloaks and shirts.
- We had some reports of “choppy” sound playback in the v1000 Mac client. With any luck, v1003 fixes that.
If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years, how man would marvel and stare. — Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882)
- Happy v1000!
- Humble and heartfelt thanks to all the wonderful players who have kept this game alive through the past 19 years! 💝
- Not totally new, but this seems as good an occasion as any to advertise it: check out our historical splash-screen gallery!