What Was New In 2018
This page generally only reports the most notable changes. You’ll have had to explore to find the additions to the world.
Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. — Stephen Hawking (1942–2018)
- No significant changes in the game.
- The Mac client now stores your account and character passwords (if so requested) in the Keychain, rather than in its own preferences file.
- The machine that hosts our virtual server (which in turn hosts the Clan Lord game server) crashed briefly, without warning or explanation, on March 21st. I blame the equinox.
I don’t mind going back to daylight saving time. With inflation, the hour will be the only thing I’ve saved all year. — Victor Borge (1909–2000)
- Only internal reorganizations.
Calvin: A bushel is a unit of weight equal to four pecks? What’s a peck?
Hobbes: A quick smooch.
Calvin: You know, I don’t understand math at all.
— Bill Watterson (b. 1958)
- Internal reorganizations (more than a peck).
A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it. — Jean de La Fontaine (1621–1695)
- One of this version’s changes is unmissable.
For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
— T. S. Eliot (1888–1965)
- Champion stones now only require Channel Master. Ranks in specific stones are translated behind the scenes to Channel Master ranks. This means you no longer have to specialize in a couple stones, and instead can use any of the 4 stones with the same efficiency. The amount of bonus from channel master has also been tweaked slightly, and the bonus from fell has been removed (but should be made up for for most people by the removal of the need to specialize). These numbers might change a bit more over the next few updates.
- The Loremasters are beginning to step into the light.