What Was New In 2018
This page generally only reports the most notable changes. You’ll have had to explore to find the additions to the world.
The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation. — Corrie Ten Boom (1892–1983)
- Clan Lord has a new account portal! You will find it here: https://deltatao.com/portal/
- In addition to purchasing more characters, you may also donate money to keep the server gerbils fed and happy.
- The account portal was created and donated by an anonymous group of players. Our deepest and humblest thanks to these members of the Clan Lord community for their generous contribution.
Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it. — E. B. White (1899–1985)
- Repaired some stairs in an old keep.
This is the solstice, the still point of the sun, its cusp and midnight, the year’s threshold and unlocking, where the past lets go of and becomes the future; the place of caught breath. — Margaret Atwood (b. 1939)
- The tell blade has been re-released.
- Boostus is back!
- Several bloodmage bug fixes, and some buffs.
- And more!
Tears are the summer showers to the soul. — Alfred Austin (1835–1913)
- No changes to report.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after. — Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862)
- Fixed a bug in which Starflower seedlings would block/trap players with full inventories.
What is the difference between a taxidermist and a tax collector? The taxidermist takes only your skin. — Mark Twain (1835–1910)
- No significant changes this version.
- Users of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 or above will
receive a harmless, one-time warning that the client
is “not optimized for your Mac”. (Apple’s support site has
more about this warning.)
This is a consequence of the fact that our client is stuck in a technological
time warp, being generally about 10–12 years behind the state of the art.
The warning is meant to appear only once for any given 32-bit application, so as not to unduly annoy you. Unfortunately, however, each revision of our client (v1064, 1067, ...) is considered distinct from all others, which means that you should prepare yourselves to see this warning once every three weeks.
Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. — Stephen Hawking (1942–2018)
- No significant changes in the game.
- The Mac client now stores your account and character passwords (if so requested) in the Keychain, rather than in its own preferences file.
- The machine that hosts our virtual server (which in turn hosts the Clan Lord game server) crashed briefly, without warning or explanation, on March 21st. I blame the equinox.
I don’t mind going back to daylight saving time. With inflation, the hour will be the only thing I’ve saved all year. — Victor Borge (1909–2000)
- Only internal reorganizations.
Calvin: A bushel is a unit of weight equal to four pecks? What’s a peck?
Hobbes: A quick smooch.
Calvin: You know, I don’t understand math at all.
— Bill Watterson (b. 1958)
- Internal reorganizations (more than a peck).
A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it. — Jean de La Fontaine (1621–1695)
- One of this version’s changes is unmissable.
For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
— T. S. Eliot (1888–1965)
- Champion stones now only require Channel Master. Ranks in specific stones are translated behind the scenes to Channel Master ranks. This means you no longer have to specialize in a couple stones, and instead can use any of the 4 stones with the same efficiency. The amount of bonus from channel master has also been tweaked slightly, and the bonus from fell has been removed (but should be made up for for most people by the removal of the need to specialize). These numbers might change a bit more over the next few updates.
- The Loremasters are beginning to step into the light.